Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pre-production. Proposal.

I have been interested in Fashion Photography for years now, so I thought this would be a good chance to start exploring this subject for this brief. Fashion has always been a passion of mine and so has photography so I saw a great opportunity to be able to combine these two worlds together.

I have thought about a Winter look Fashion shoot, with an end result of photographs that would appear in a higher end fashion magazine (such as Fashion Quarterly or Vogue etc). These genres of magazines are definitely my targeted audience.
The content of my photographs will be beautiful model/s, wearing over the top lush warm layers including luxurious furs. I want to place them in a contrasting background such as the beach, which we associate with summer, sunshine and warmth.

For my first shoot, I want to go to Piha, I will use my two friends Alice and Annelise as models. I know that it might be hard to shoot using two people (as the rate of successful photos will be diminished, but it is something I want to try at least once).
The content of the Piha shoot will really be on colour and texture, using black and neutral tones with an accent colour of pink; with the use of my pink scarf, bangle and lipstick. I am also including Annelise’s dog, Lily to add to the textures within the photos.

Another beach I want to go to is a small one in Herne Bay with a boat shed. I think it would look amazing in photos and this is a location I think I would only use one model, which would most likely be Annelise, as she has much stronger features and a much better facial/bone structure (plus she has previous modelling experience!). I’m not too sure as to what clothes I would use in this shoot but it will definitely involve the use of fur!

Another location I have thought of using is outside Alice’s Motel. It has just been repainted and the outside wall has in white on grey “MOTEL” painted on it, with a brick wall in front of it. I have taken photos outside the motel before and I know it would be a great background for a fashion shoot, especially for the added and contrasting textures and colours that I can use and incorporate in these photos.

I’m really hoping that the textural elements work well together, something that I have thought of is the editing of the photographs at the end and I really want to be able to communicate the texture of the content in my photos; achieving this by editing using clarity and sharpness.

No comments:

Post a Comment