Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week Two.

Miss Unkon.

I found these images on a fashion website called Miss Unkon, these images reminded me of the initial ideas I had for my shoot (but I also just really like these images!).

Photo1 I like because of how the model is placed within this photo; she is centred with nothing but the rocky cliff (texture) around her and the soft floaty nature of this dress’s material contrasts with the background (similar idea to my fluffy texture against rocky texture idea).

Photo2 also includes the rocky background, but is cropped and a more of a close up of the model. I also find it interesting that they’ve used a rock as an extra and included into what the model is holding. It is almost like they are bring the background and bringing it into the foreground to refocus and make it visible after seeing it behind the model.

Photo3 this photo is visually very interesting and I love how the two images are layered on top of each other at various opacities. Depending on my future photo shoots I would be keen to experiment using this idea!

Photo 4 is the only photo out of these five where we actually see foreground in front of the model. The model is placed in the centre of the image exactly; the amount of space between her head and the top of the photo is the same as between her feet and the bottom of the image. This goes the same as to the left and right of the model, which makes her right in the middle and we are focused solely on her and what she is wearing. Which is what stands out in this image (as the back ground is quite neutral in comparison to the brown coat that is the feature).

Photo 5 I really like because it is a low angled shot. It is looking slightly up at the model who is sitting down cross-legged. I also really like the compositional structure within this image and how she is taking up the right side of it; which creates balance within the image and the background acts as breathing space (as the model is so close to us).
I also really like how the background is quite blurred and out of focus which acts as a soft background to the clarity of the fluffy material that is close to our view.


Photo1

Photo2

Photo3

Photo4

Photo5

No comments:

Post a Comment